Instead of going camping this weekend we brought the RV home and parked it in front of our house for a work weekend, one of many to come. I spent most of the weekend inside behind my sewing machine, while Brandon took advantage of the dry weather outside.
This is a list of everything we accomplished.
- Unpacked all of the stuff we’ve gathered to outfit the RV
- Organized cabinets and storage hatches
- Replaced the dry tank drain valve and made a custom mount plate because the screw holes were rotted out
- Resealed every hatch and window
- Replaced side marker lights
- Stripped, painted, and applied new grip-tape to the running boards
- Cut wooden boards that fit on top of the sink and stove to increase our counter space
- Pulled, cleaned, and refit rubber window seals
- Adjusted hatch latches to lock properly
- Hemmed all of the curtains
- Made a custom curtain for the cab. This way other campers can’t see into the RV while we’re parked.
- We also hung some pretty sweet moose lights in the cab.